Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"Claritin should clear that right up for you!"

I went out with Corinna again (God bless her!!) to get some gear for a couple of camping trips I am doing this summer.  While walking to meet her, I noticed that it was a different crowd out there on Davie Street.  I left the house at around 5pm and people were getting off of work.  It was a serious crowd.  Not many connections at all.  Not many smiles or even looks. I noticed myself closing off and going into my head.  It was hard to not look down and keep to myself.  I was super self-conscience. I just kept noticing the conversations in my head and noticed what was happening in my body...heart racing, stomach turning, slouching over.  And I just kept looking at people and saying hi and smiling.  One person handed me a rose and said I deserved it!  That made me smile!  I walked past one lady and said hi and she laughed and laughed.  I gave her my flower and she asked why.  I said that she seemed like a nice lady who would like a nice flower!  She was so thrilled that she came running after me to thank me again.


In Canadian Tire, I hardly had anyone look at me. It was interesting.  In MEC, a few of the staff laughed and were more than happy to help me.  In Winners, not much connection at all.  When we went into a grocery store, a grandma and grand daughter laughed so hard that I went back over to talk to them.  The little girl said she didn`t know me and she shouldn`t talk to me.  The grandma said that I was ok to talk to because I had a red nose on..I had to be nice if I wore a red nose!


Corinna pointed out something interesting.  She said that I get more positive responses from men then I do from women.  I have noticed that men are the ones that say ``I like your nose``, or ``Nice nose`` more than women do.  Men have also said how cute I look, have given my thumbs up and have smiled the biggest smiles.  Women have done those things too, but I get way more blank looks, WTF looks and ignoring from women than I do from men.  Very interesting!!

I took my nose off on the way home (I had to let my ``real nose``air out!!) and I noticed that people were looking at me.  I actually forgot I didn`t have my nose on anymore (I had it on for almost 3.5 hours).  Maybe I am just more present with people.  Looking at them, smiling and trying to connect.  I guess that is a good thing.  I don`t need a red nose to do that!


The best comment of the night was (by a guy)...``Claritin should clear that right up for you!``  Haha!

2 comments:

  1. Women may find you threatening...a way for you to get attention by wearing your nose out in public. thereby taking attention away from them. awesome report out. way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of that Rita!! Something to further investigate!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete