Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"Looks like you got a nose job"

I have to say how grateful I am for my friends!!  My first day wearing my nose yesterday I was with my friend Katy.  When she saw me she was bent over laughing so hard and she said if I had told her I was wearing my nose, she would have worn her red feather boa!!  I was still really nervous about the whole adventure, and she took my arm in hers and we walked to our class together laughing the whole way.  She wasn't fazed by it at all.  She said that I was just being me!!  She said to tell her the next time I would wear my nose around her so she could plan something for herself to wear!


Today was day 2.  I was still super nervous!!  I met my friend Corinna in a sushi bar and when I went in she was laughing and said she was happy I was doing it.  She said I was just being me!!!  It was so funny walking with Corinna (I wore my nose with her for almost 3 hours!) as she was giving my the low down of what people were doing or how they were looking at me.  Many side looks and double takes.  Many many smiles and lots of comments. Some of my favourite from tonight are..."Looks like you got a nose job!", "It's not Christmas yet.", "Stop clowning around!", "You've got something on your nose".  And there was a lady who tripped in front of me so I told her to be careful because that is how I got my nose so big and red!  She laughed and laughed!


Even though I am nervous and have all sorts of conversations going on in my head, I can't help but smile when I have my nose on.  I look people directly in the eyes and smile or say hi or wave or make a comment.  But I'm connecting and I am finding many people connecting too.  And also many people don't know what to do. It's like I catch them off guard.  Like a deer in a head light kind of look!  So funny.  Sometimes it isn't so funny and I have to keep breathing and get myself out of my head and find the next person to try and connect to and smile.


So, thank to my friends for loving all of me...nose and all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment