Monday, August 22, 2011

Slow Cycle Nose

I have been outside enjoying this gorgeous weather we have been having here in British Columbia (except today...but I am loving the quiet down time while listening to the rain).  

On Sunday I was out for a walk on the seawall with Mike (my awesome new boyfriend!).  We stopped at an Art Sale and were admiring the talent of local artists.  Mike made an interesting observation...he said all the artists made a comment about my nose.  They were all drawn to it, very curious and very open to it. He said what I am doing is like another form of art and artists wonder why I am creating it and what is the story behind it.  I love that idea; that what I am doing is a form of art.  It does invoke emotions and creates curiosity and stories.  Cool!!!!

2 clowns and 2 bikes!!
Yesterday Mike and I did something so fun!!  We participated in the Pemberton Slow Food Cycle.  It was a 50 kms bike ride (along a road with the view of snow capped mountains!) while stopping along the way to visit local farms and tasting/buying goodies!!  I chose to wear my nose for 25 kms of the ride!!  It was a hoot!  People were having a blast on their bikes and were in a great mood to begin with.  I had so many fun comments, smiles and laughs the whole way.  I loved wearing it and adding to the fun.  I did have a couple of technical difficulties though wearing it for so long; mostly build up of condensation!!  Ha!  Nothing a tissue couldn't fix!

I have noticed that the conversations in my head about my nose are still there, but not as loud.  Even if I make 1 person smile, I have created a little happiness in the world!!!



Having a little fun!!
Love this sign!!





1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that your boyfriend has joined right in with the merriment! He must be a good one!

    ReplyDelete